Second Annual Licensing Expo China Almost Doubles In Size
Attendee and Exhibitor Growth Up, Floor Space Grew 72%
Shanghai, August 14, 2018 - Licensing Expo China, sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA), kicked off at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (NECC) in Shanghai on July 25, 2018. The show facilitated connections between brand owners & agents, consumer product makers, licensees, and retailers across animation , art, entertainment, gaming, and non-profit and other influential categories. Nearly doubling the size of Licensing Expo China 2017, this year’s show hosted 123 exhibitors and 425 brands to bolster the rapid development of China's growing licensing market. Attendence increased 46%, drawing over 14,000 attendees and attracting an additional 37,000+ attendees from co-located event, Children Baby Maternity Expo (CBME).
According to the latest 2018 Report of Global Licensing Survey released by LIMA, retail and related revenue generated globally by the trademark licensing business in 2017 rose 3.3% to 271.6 billion USD. China and Hong Kong also saw significant growth in the licensing market. This year, Licensing Expo China hosted popular entertainment and cartoon properties such as Angry Birds, Emoji, Pancoat, Paul Frank, PAW Patrol, Peppa Pig, Rilakkuma, Shaun the Sheep and a variety of properties including BBC Earth, British Museum, Caster, Produce 101, Song Yang Art, and The King's Avatar, among others.
"As people raise their living standards, culture and arts licensing is boosting consumption and brand extensions. Alfilo Brands introduced the British Museum, The National Gallery, Victoria and Albert Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, BBC EARTH at Licensing Expo China 2018," said Mr. Yizan He, Founder & CEO of Afilo Brands Co., Ltd.
"It is an honor to exclusively sponsor Licensing Expo China, an international B2B trading platform embarking on its second year," said Maura Regan, President, LIMA.
The second annual Licensing Expo China had an array of speakers from all over the world, including Matt Beecher, Vice President of Global Consumer Products, Blizzard Entertainment; Laurine van Rooijen, Head of Licensing and Wholesale, Van Gogh Museum Enterprises; Elie Dekel, Vice President of Consumer Products & Brand Development, Legendary Entertainment; Allen Wang, Vice President of Consumer Products, Greater China, Universal Pictures; and Nancy Jiang, GM of Licensing Dep., IQIYI.
Other event highlights include:
• The China Licensing Awards, in conjuction with LIMA, took place on July 25. In this ceremony, the winners of each of the 12 award categories were disclosed.
• The Neo-Cultural Creativity & New IP Licensing and Tencent Interactive Entertainment Licensing Partners Conference, co-organized by UBM China and Tencent Interactive Entertainment.
• The 2018 Micro Animation Contest and awards ceremony, part of the 2018 Micro Film Contest co-organized by UBM China, Shanghai Animation and Cartoon Association.
• The Film & Gaming Licensing Zone hosted Tencent Video, Shanda, Bandai Namco, and other enterprises that are developing a licensing market for brands/IP properties including films, TV series, variety shows, cyber videos, entertainment, and games.
• The Museum, Culture and Art Zone hosted the British Museum, The National Gallery, Van Gogh Museum, Shanghai Museum, Liu Haisu Art Museum, andother world-renowned museum brands/IP properties. Several art museum brands/IP properties such as Fuyun Art, Song Yang Art, and Artduoduo were also showcased and provided licensors and licensees with the opportunity to connect with each other.
• Matchmaking Service debuted at Licensing Expo China 2018 and reported over 3,300 meetings took place onsite via the Service.
Connect with Licensing Expo China (#licensingexpochina):
Future Licensing Dates and Events:
• Brand Licensing Europe: London, October 9 – 11, 2018
• Licensing Expo Japan: Tokyo, Japan, March 13 – 15, 2019
• Licensing Expo: Las Vegas, Nevada, June 4 – 6, 2019
About Licensing Expo China
Licensing Expo China is a part of the Global Licensing Group at UBM, the global licensing industry’s leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide opportunities around the world to bring brands and products together to explore and cement licensing partnerships. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, License Global Daily E-news and License TV. Licensing Expo China is organized by UBM, which in June 2018 combined with Informa PLC to become a leading B2B information services group and the B2B Events organizer in the world. To learn more and for the latest news and information, visit www.ubm.com and www.informa.com
About Global Licensing Group
The Global Licensing Group at UBM is the global licensing industry’s leading tradeshow organizer and media partner. Its mission is to provide opportunities around the world to bring brands and products together to explore and cement licensing partnerships. The following events and information products are produced for the licensing industry by the Global Licensing Group at UBM: Licensing Expo, Brand Licensing Europe, Licensing Expo Japan, Licensing Expo China, NYC Licensing Summit, License Global magazine, and License Global Daily eNews.
Press Contact: Edward Qian email@example.com (86-571) 2689 5089