China Licensing Awards
China Licensing Awards is co-organized by Licensing Industry Merchandisers’ Association (LIMA) and Licensing Expo China (LEC). The award is judged by judging panel, which is consisted of experts from all over the world, and online ballot. The award is established to encourage the original creativity, progress and excellence of China’s licensors, licensees and retailors, etc., and to facilitate the communication and development of China’s licensing industry.
I. Awards Schedule
January – July, 2017
Submission deadline: April 30th, 2017 Click Here to Nominate
Judge panel: May 1st – May 31th, 2017
Online ballot: June 1st – June 30th, 2017
Awards issuing: China Licensing Awards Ceremony, July 18th, 2017
II. Awards Definitions
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for a licensed property developed by a China based company or individual with respect to the property’s primary origin, content, design and/or materials. The property must also have at least one (1) active licensee, and have product that is or has been sold or given away at retail, or available through any other consumer distribution channel anytime during the qualifying period (from April 1st, 2016 to March 31th, 2017).
This award recognizes the most outstanding use of a licensed property to promote a different product or service. This does not refer to the promotion or launch of a licensed property or product itself. Limited to one submission per property.
Corporate Brand/Fashion/Lifestyle Program
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for corporate brand, fashion or lifestyle properties.
Location-Based or Experiential Initiative
This award recognizes the most outstanding use of a licensed property at a location or event.
This award will recognize manufacturers for one specific property of their own choosing. One licensed property per entry.
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for entertainment properties supported by a feature film, television show, publishing, direct-to-video or live broadcast during the qualifying period (from April 1st, 2016 to March 31th, 2017).
This award is presented to the retailer that has demonstrated the highest degree of a creative merchandising campaign based on one licensed property, with outstanding sell-through of licensed product.
This award recognizes licensing excellence, creativity, and innovation for programs based on apps and video games. The category does not include YouTube channels and scripted online shows.
III. Preparing Your Entry
The following are eligible for entry:
• Licensing Agents
• Retailers Who Sell Licensed Product
• Promotions That Utilized Licensed Properties and/or Licensed Product
• Locations or Events that utilized licensed properties
(You can either nominate yourself or nominate other company)
In order to be considered:
1. There is no limit for the nationality of the nominated company/IP, whereas there must have been existing licensing business in China.
2. You may enter in any of the categories – a separate online entry must be submitted for each category you enter (both in Chinese and English). You must use the official online entry form which can be found on our website. Hard copies, faxes, and e-mail versions will not be accepted.
3. You must write a short statement of up to 300 words explaining to the Awards Committee why you believe your entry is deserving of recognition on the Awards Ballot.
Awards criteria includes:
• Creativity, Originality, and Innovation – What was special about the property, product, or promotion?
• Marketplace Acceptance – How well was the product, program, or promotion received in the marketplace in terms of placement, sell through or achievement of other goals?
You should include only the most important and relevant information that will support your nomination. The inclusion of retail sales revenue and number of doors are very helpful to the Committee when considering your entry. This information will be kept confidential. You will be informed if this information needs to be released.
4. Write a paragraph of 100 words or less describing the highlights and successes of your entry. If your entry is selected, this statement will be presented online to help the voters make their choices. Please make sure the content can be released to public.
5. Provide up to three (3) high-resolution (300 dpi, within 2MB) digital image of your property or product in PNG/JPG/JPEG format. If your entry is selected for the ballot, this image will be presented online and will appear on screen during the Awards Ceremony. Your submission will not be considered without an image.
IV. Judging Mechanism
1. All nominations will be graded by judging panel to shortlist 5 finalists from each category.
2. The 5 finalists shortlisted will be placed online for a ballot.
3. Composition of Score:
1）Online ballot accounts for 30%;
2）Judging Panel’s judgement accounts for 30%;
3）The sum above will be the final score for a nomination. This final score will be compared with finalists in the same category and the nomination with the highest final score will be the winner for the category.
If there are 2 nominations having the same final score which is the highest in a particular category, the 2 will both be the winner.
Please fill the online form completely before submission.
Any query, please contact Ms. Melody Zhang: +86 571 2689 5066 / firstname.lastname@example.org